Saturday 24 March 2012

January 2012

Snow Bunting at Salthouse

21st. Mandarin, Green Sandpiper and Siskin

22nd. Stodmarsh for Glossy Ibis, Water Pipit and at last Treecreeper. I made my first trip to Stodmarch for years but I'll get back soon. It was a long walk for the Ibis but at the far end of the reserve two took flight from a ditch and landed close by giving good views.

24th. Stopped at Lynford where I was rewarded with a small flock of Hawfinch from the car.

28th. Up on the coast today to find the Snow Buntings around the car park at Salthouse

29th...last day of the month and I decide to take my bro down to Hants as a birthday surprise...He adds Spanish Sparrow and Dark Eyed Juno to his year and life list....on the drive back I spot Red Kite over the M25 and Ring necked Parakeets in Staines and a stop at Staines reservoir rewards us with Scaup, Gt Northern Diver and Black-necked Grebe.

Total for the month of January now sits at 153..roll on Feb!

No comments:

Post a Comment