Friday 6 July 2012

White Admiral Broxbourne Wood

Ringlet
Went back to Broxbourne wood today after work. It had been raining for most of the day and quite heavy at times so as the sun broke through the trees I couldn't help but think my chances of either my first White Admiral or my first Purple Emperor.
On arrival there's a Red Admiral sunning itself on nettles and a lizard basking too. Ringlets are plentiful along with Meadow Brown and skippers. A couple of Speckled Wood and a Comma show too before my eye catches a White Admiral flying by high in the trees and then a little lower as it drops before flying off not to be seen again. My first of this species and I'm told the first for Broxbourne Woods this year so that's pleasing.
I'll be going back looking for a photograph and perhaps a view of PE's.

Hoverfly Volucella pellucens
Lizard






Silver Washed Fritillary

No comments:

Post a Comment