Friday 7 December 2012

Quick trip to Lea Valley for Bittern

I popped over to Lea Valley Country Park tonight hoping to see Bittern from the Bittern hide.
As I entered the hide Jimmy was already on site and reporting no Bittern.

We sat and waited and had several good views of Water Rail and the briefest of Kingfisher as it flashed by but no Bittern appeared despite being posted on the sightings board.                                                                                                                                                                  On the way in I encountered a large herd of Fallow deer in Upshire, which numbered over a hundred and a couple of Muntjacs were also seen.


Sunset from Bittern hide
Geese over Holyfield Farm
From the hide I took a few pictures before the sun dropped and I headed off home to plan tomorrows outing.

Blue Pheasant
Squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment