Wednesday 2 January 2013

Waxwing Wednesday

On my drive to work this morning I was delighted to see a group of twenty Waxwings in a tree along Straight Road Romford. The birds took flight so I had a little drive around and found twenty four birds sitting on telegraph wires in Daventry Green. A nice early tick for 2013 moving me to 95 this year after two days.

As I had to drive through Thurrock for my afternoon meeting I decided to check Lakeside to see if any Waxwing were still there. None were on show at Costco but I checked Toys R Us as I'd seen them there in previous years and sure enough another thirteen were visible. I pulled over and took a few shots as it started to rain and left thinking I wish one day that I'd get to see these birds this well in good light as it just always seems to be grey when I catch up with them but who's complaining....great to see them.

A few shots from today...................

Waxwing
Waxwing
Waxwing
Waxwing
Waxwing

Waxwings

No comments:

Post a Comment