Saturday 23 March 2013

Garden birding

Male Blackcap

Blackcap

Blackcap bossing the feeder


                                                                                                               

What happened to spring? It's 23rd March and we've had two days that I can recall this year where you could see blue sky from my kitchen window. Today is no different as it's completely grey and snowing.
Still while I wait to see how the weather turns (better or worse?) I take a few minutes to snap away at the feeders in the garden.

Lot's of Siskin still coming to the feeders and the Blackcaps are almost resident now. I'm sure both are only waiting for that Blue Sky in order to move on to their chosen breeding grounds.
Blue Tit
Female Chaffinch
Goldfinch
Male Chaffinch

A VERY COLD AND DAMP LONG TAILED TIT

No comments:

Post a Comment