Sunday 3 March 2013

Otters

I returned today after yesterdays dip for the Otters.
This time I took a secret weapon as the wife came along and we quickly spotted an Otter within minutes of our arrival. As we got back to the car park a second Otter was in the river just in front of the car giving another photo opportunity. The two seemed to be meeting up but interestingly hunting in different areas of the river.

Otter at Thetford
Otter
Otter
Otter
Otter
Otter

What a morning! Great views of these fantastic creatures, I think the phrase is "crippling views"

After spending some time with the Otters we moved to Santon Downham where after a walk along the river I added Lesser Spotter Woodpecker to my year list. (182)

6 comments:

  1. wow how lucky are you? I have never seen an otter before these are wonderful pictures. I think the most exciting thing I have seen was waxwings in Norwich this year outside Argos. By the way I was sent over from docrafts if you were wondering.
    Keep up the good work Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad you finally caught up with the Otters mate.
    Great photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopped over from Docrafts. These pics are AMAZING, I have never seen an otter in real life, they are beautiful, but fearsome teeth. Well done for getting such close up pics. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. superb photos, how amazing to get so close to a wild otter, Fiona K (a crafting friend of Suzanne)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are superb pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete