Thursday 4 July 2013

Spot of Fly and fishing

I picked up a Kingfisher on route to my destination this morning.

With a little help from photoshop I removed all the background noise as a little project and created a reasonable result from what was a distant shot anyway. Moving on I arrived at a small church in Essex less than ten miles from home and quickly found the target birds. A pair of Spotted Flycatchers were busy jumping from headstone to headstone feeding on the flies and moths of the churchyard. The birds had two young which was good to see and they took shifts in returning to the tree tops to feed them. The young had left the nest but appeared to be reliant on the adults for food still.

Spotted Flycatcher
Spotted Flycatcher
Spotted Flycatcher
Spotted Flycatcher
Spotted Flycatcher
Spotted Flycatcher

On the way home I spotted a Little Owl in Epping Lane sitting deep within the foliage of an Oak tree. I grabbed a record shot but didn't want to disturb it so it was a distant crop shot in poor light.

Not a bad couple of hours birding though.
Now where's that next tick coming from?

1 comment: