Thursday 22 August 2013

Rain stops play

I had planned a trip to the coast today with my good lady but the weather put a stop to that idea.
It has rained all day in Essex limiting me to a short trip to Lea Valley CP where I scanned the lakes but found nothing of note with the highlight being a couple of juvenile Great Crested Grebes.

Whilst I have been reading the blogs I follow this week with reports of Red-billed Tropic Birds and all the drama associated with that particular find, Jaguars in Brazil, trips to China etc etc I find myself making do with trying to get a half decent shot of a Canada Goose in the rain but I suppose that's life. My time will come, I've always fancied watching Bears fishing for Salmon. Better get back to work to pay for it first though.

Canada in the rain
Great Crested Grebes
Swan (playing hide and seek)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian, beautiful photos. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete