Friday 8 November 2013

Crossbills in a puddle

My last day in Norfolk today so I gave Tia her early morning walk and yes I saw the Barn Owl again then after a light breakfast we set off heading for home but made a very slight detour to stop half way to check on some Crossbills in Suffolk. We parked up and sat watching a prospective puddle hoping the birds would come in for a drink. I could hear Crossbills and before long a pair sat in a small birch tree above the puddle checking first me then the puddle before descending to quench their thirst. Suzanne had her first views off Crossbills and was pleased to have seen them. We watched for a couple of hours taking a few shots although the light was a little difficult at times.

Crossbill
Crossbill
Crossbill
Crossbill
A lovely surprise week in Norfolk to celebrate me getting old (those that know me will know I have good reason to celebrate this one) and I have to thank my good lady for firstly arranging it and secondly tolerating me and this crazy birding hobby I'm addicted to.

3 comments:

  1. wishing you lots more happy birthdays, well done Suzanne lol
    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy hobby? .......hmmm nuff said! LOL
    It was a lovely week and i'm pleased you enjoyed your BIG birthday. A.M.L.A.A Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete