Sunday 28 December 2014

Lesser Yellowlegs at Pett Level East Sussex

I took a drive down to Rye this morning and managed to take the short detour to Pett Level whilst there.
As I parked up in front of Pett Pool news was that the American wader had flown to the far east of the site and nobody had located it since. I moved up the road and a couple said they'd seen it fly back west so I walked along and managed to locate it at the back of Pett Pool working the muddy margin where it was being bullied by a couple of Redshank. Despite the harassment the bird showed well in the scope and gave a flew short flight views too. A small crowd gathered with news that the bird had been relocated.
Wigeon
Pett Levels is a smart place with some good birds and I can't believe I've never visited before.

On the way home I stopped for a little more Cattle Egret action

Cattle Egret at Dunge
Cattle Egret
Cattle Egret
And watched a Sparrowhawk have lunch too.....

Sparrowhawk
Year list now at 270

No comments:

Post a Comment