Saturday 14 February 2015

Garden Tick

Today I set about trying to get a decent Goldfinch shot in the garden.
I filled the feeders (costing me a small fortune now I've introduced sunflower hearts but attracting twenty plus Goldfinch every day along with seven Greenfinch so worth every penny) I have had apples out all winter and the Blue Tits love them but until today they had not attracted any wintering Blackcaps.

Goldfinch
Blue Tit
Whilst pointing the camera at the Goldfinch I noticed movement in the Elderberry at the bottom of the garden  and it soon became obvious that a male Blackcap had arrived and was feeding on the berries so not quite on the apples yet but it's promising.

Blackcap

Having had no Blackbirds all summer it's nice to see four now using the garden to feed along with Dunnock, Wren, Robin, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Starling, House Sparrow, Collared Dove and Woodpigeon. We also get Magpies visiting each day and a Squirrel also takes advantage of both the apples and sunflower hearts.
Blackbird
Blackbird
Year list now 145

No comments:

Post a Comment